From:
Gail Shochet <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Apr 1998 11:14:34 -0400
I can only comment on what I have read on the fml and experienced myself,
but I at no time saw any direct requests from Jean for funds.  It was
suggested on the fml at the time that donations might be made to the vet
clinic to help with the care of injured ferrets; I called the clinic
directly and made an express request that my donation be used to such an
end.  The receipt I received indicated that this is what actually occurred.
I imagine that a number of other people did the same.  The end result is
that ferrets received medical treatment which was desperately needed, and
perhaps lives were saved.  Did Jean benefit?  Perhaps, but only indirectly.
Did ferrets benefit?  Undoubtedly.  Of course I would like to see the
perpetrator brought to justice but I think that at this point to question
whether donations ought to have been made is pointless.

Regards,

Gail Snyder Shochet