From:
Alicia K Drakiotes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Jun 1997 07:58:07 -0400
>>3. Under what conditions are the surgical procedures done, and by whom?

>We do not know for sure.  I discount the yellow journalism that makes up
>facts as the authors choose.  It is the gadflies that have forced MF to
>close its doors to the average ferret owner.  We hurt ourselves.

What we do know is that NY does NOT require they spay / neuter process to be
administered by a veterinarian.  That is a very scary thought.  They ship
more than 90,000 each year -- how many did not make it through the
spay/neuter descent process at the hands of a non licensed practitioner???
Or do you think that one vet could possibly administer the entire 90,000
plus procedures each year and have time for other health issues?

Just another point to ponder in a multi facetted debate............