From:
"Stephanie Sheme - Ferrets Etc." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 May 2003 15:21:46 EDT
Calling anyone who can help, this is Stephanie Sheme with Ferrets Etc. as
many of you know I run Ferrets Etc which I started in 93'  though Ferrets
Etc. is struggling like most all rescue groups I took in a very sad case
yesterday I could not turn my back on.

A lady showed up at my door at 11:00 am with a more or less frozen
ferret.  She had found him in her garden.  I wrapped him in warm blankets
and a heat bottle near him and rushed him to our vet.  Brodie as my
daughter named him on our way had no registable body temp and weighs .45
grams, not even a pound.  Dr. labonde thinks he is suffering from extreme
exposore, since it hailed and rained in Colorado the past few night and
of course starvation.  Who knows how long he was out.

we are guessing him to be around 2 years of age.  He is a fighter and
has made it thru the first night but has many more to come.  I am out to
plea for anyone who wants to make a donation in care of Brodie to the
hospital.  Many know I am already trying not to have my home forclosed
on because I am so behind on bills do to ferret overwhelm, but I can not
give up on this fighter so I have to start a fund.  Anyone who can even
donate a dollar can call with a credit card or send a check to Homestead
Animal Hospital.  If you call tell them it is a donation to the Ferrets
Etc account in care of Brodie there number is 303-771-7350 or if you send
a check it can be made out to
Homestead Animal Hospital
6900 S. Holly Circle
Englewood, Colo 80111
and mark it also to the account of Ferrets Etc. in care of Brodie.  Of
course we always accept donation sent over to Ferrets Etc. at 15775
Greenstone Circle Parker, Colorado 80134 if that is easier and you can
mark it for Brodie.

I know it is hard times for us all right now, especially the ones running
a rescue group, but even a dollar will help me off set this bill so I do
not have to put him to sleep.

Take care all
Stephanie