From:
Rebecca McFarlane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 17 Jul 1999 09:35:07 -0500
I thought I'd just tell the tale of my vet visit, but first I'd like to
send condolences to Sweet Pea & Kodo's humans.  I was in tears when I read
about Sweet Pea and how Krysta and her parents handled this.  My thoughts
are with all who've lost their babies.

This morning Mookie, Calvin & Suzy got their vaccinations, and of course
Mookie & Calvin are my "monster boys." When Dr. Kubisz saw Mookie I thought
I'd crack up.  Mooks was first one out of the carrier, and all he wanted
to do was check everything out!  Dr. K. weighed him and the little bugger
weighs 3 pounds (which I'd thought, but now is confirmed).  Calvin comes in
at 2 3/4 lbs and Suzy is a pound lighter.

Dr. Kubisz is always amazed at the way my terrorists look, healthy, sassy
and happy.  And I tell him, and will tell all of you, part of this is
because of all you folks on the FML with your ideas, recipes, and help, and
also because of Bill, for putting this list together.  Dr. K told me this
morning its really neat to see ferrets as healthy and happy as my little
band of merry mayhem, and I have to admit that really makes me feel good.
He always asks what I feed, and when I tell him the Iams kitten chow and
Bob C.'s chicken gravy he's just amazed.  Of course, he now has the chicken
gravy recipe for his own ferrets!

So despite the long debates, sometimes arguments that I read, you folks are
great, and I thank you and applaud you for your thoughts, your wisdom, for
being yourselves.

Rebecca & the other two human slaves
Socks-Hmph.  I didn't need the vet to tell me I was healthy
Kit-I'm just so cuuuuutttteee!
Genie-Mom, honest, that board just fell down and scared me-that's why I'm
clear up here and still climbing
Scully-liar liar liar
Calvin-ah, mon cher, bring your finger over here so I can grab the end of
it again
Suzy--Mom!  Gimme another piggy back ride
Mookie--I'm a dancin', dancin', dancin' machine
Chewie, Dribble, Sarabi & Tigger-You know, don't you, we cats just wouldn't
act like that-CATCH THAT FLY
=======================
Rebecca McFarlane
Secretary
Basic Medical Sciences
School Veterinary Medicine
Purdue University
West Lafayette, IN  47907-1246
Phone:   765-494-8632
Fax:     765-494-0781
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and taste
good with ketchup"