Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Sun, 5 Sep 1993 12:08:50 -0400
Hello all!

i) first and foremost, how is Keesa? Please let us know--we're all concerned!

ii) Phil, welcome to the wonderful world of ferrets! Wrt. your inquiry about
    ferrets and dogs, I have two different cases to report: my fiesty ferret
    Beckett has my parent's dog Monte running scared.  The dog is a meek and
    well-mannered Schnauzer who just can't deal with the constant threat of
    ankle-nipping; it's actually quite funny to see an energetic ferret chase
    a dog at top speed, clucking all the way, but as Monte is genuinely afraid
    we try to keep them separate.  On the other side of things, my girlfriend's
    ferret Molly is quite meek and friendly: a real lap-ferret.  Her mother's
    dog, however is just dying to sink her teeth into Molly, having been raised
    in a squirell-chasing environment.  I think that the upshot of these tales
    is that how well dogs and ferrets get along is really a matter of the
    individual personalities of the animals involved.  I'm sure other FML'ers
    will agree.  Oh yeah, an "FFZ" is (I am quite sure) a "Ferret Free Zone",
    ie. an area where ferrets are illegal (eg: some ignorant states in the US).

iii) I had some other point, but now it escapes me. Oh well.

Ross.