From:
Cheryl Nordgulen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Jul 1997 09:19:54 -0700
Hello to Everyone,

My name is Cheryl and my daughter and I run the Critterpen Rescue Service in
our town along with help from the local Animal Shelter and local vets who
refer to us.  We have 7 adoptees now, plus three of our own.  One of our own
is the most charming little girl, 1 1/2 years of age, named Peanut Willow,
who has never lost her baby characteristics.  She still has the baby face,
and a soft, plump body with underdevoped legs.  She never "humps" and
although she was eating on her own before ECE hit our operation, she has
gone back to syringe only feeding and seems content to stay that way.  Our
vet agrees that she is mentally challenged, as she spent a day at his office
when she first came down with ECE.  She was, in truth, a rescue, from a
brutal pet store.  Anyone who is on this serive and was on AOL about a year
ago, probably remembers the trials and tribulations of Peanut, as she
struggled her way to adulthood.  And she was the healthiest one in the
litter at the time.

Peanut shows all of the characteristics of a mentally challenged human.
From her features to her rigorous insistence on no deviance from her
routine.  Her personality is sugar sweet, she never bites or nips, she loves
to cuddle, and she just remains babylike.  Has anyone else out there ever
had this experience with a ferret?  She has the Marshall Farms tatoos in her
ears and by threatening the Pet Store, we got her Marshall Farms Papers.
Her brother came into our house as a rescue about a year ago and he is a
normally developed ferret.

We have wondered if the neutering done so young might upset the growth
hormone in these little ones.  The brother is no where near the size of our
other males.

We would appreciate informative comments.  Thanks and glad to be part of
your forum.