From:
Sunshine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Feb 1999 19:12:41 -0800
Our 6-7 week old kit is having problems eating her food.  I checked her
teeth and she doesn't have very many of them.  We also had bought two other
ferret's in the 6-7 week range which had tons of teeth in and coming in.
So I wonder if maybe our's is younger then 6-7 weeks?  We are feeding
LAvian and Kaybee and putting water in to make the food softer.  In the
afternoon I hand feed her.  From what I can tell she will eat at night from
the bowl of food.  She plays fine and is let out as often as she is awake.
Could it be she doesn't like the food or what?  The texture is a mush so it
is soft.

Also, since we have slowly introduced the other two kits which are 10-11
weeks and 3 months, the oldest are being more aggressive with each other.
Is this normal?  I think the baby kit is quite small to be with the bigger
boys.  How big do I need the baby to be before they can stay in the same
cage?

Thanks for any help.

Debbie