From:
"Elwin L. Bullard II" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Jul 1997 21:55:15 -0500
After trying many different Ferret foods over the last couple of years I
think I found one that will work.

It's called Hagan and is carried by the Pet Palace at the corner of Trinity
Mills Road and Marsh Lane in the Dallas Metroplex.

It has great nutritional numbers and ingredients.  I'll post them the next
time I buy a bag.  The best thing is that it is a crunchier kibble than most
foods we have tried.  I think this allows the flavors to blend better with
the cat food I mix with it.  We are at about a 75% Hagan / 25% cat food mix.

The best thing is even Ootz will eat it and she is finicky.  I was finally
able to get her to eat Pounce tartar control treats also.  And before anyone
flames me, the ingredients of Pounce are the same as 8 in 1 treats, at a
much lower cost.

I am really glad I found this because Ootz is almost 5 years old and I have
been worried about her diet.

On another note, does anyone who has more than one ferret have a baby who
will not eat the same treats as the others?

Doris will not eat any of the usual treats my other girls do.  Possum and
Ootz like Pounce, 8 in 1, pet tab cat vitamins, crackers (a very special
treat and then only a little bit), grapes (see previous ()).  Doris will
only eat grapes and apple as a treat, of course all of them like Linetone.

This is a problem because I don't want to give Doris too much fruit but I
must give her a treat is the other girls get one.  (All my girls are spoiled
rotten).

Elwin Bullard
Ferrets: Ootz, Possum, Doris and eternally Winnie
Sugar gliders: Myra and Myron
http://personalhomepages.com/bounty/page3.htm
http://personalhomepages.com/bounty/cemetary1.htm
Remove NO.UCE. from my return address to reply to my messages