From:
katharine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 2 Sep 2007 15:13:10 -0400
For what it's worth---

Calling about an ad in my local newspaper, the Tallahassee (FL)
Democrat, which was advertising baby ferrets, I found out that a
veterinarian in Panama City Beach (FL) has become a distributor for
Carolina Ferrets. They are trying to break into the pet store market.
I did not get a name, but the woman I spoke with said her husband is
a veterinarian in PCB.

Getting past my concern with a veterinarian who would get into the
wholesale pet distribution business, I am also concerned with the
increased number of ferrets being sold, which will only result in
many more being dumped on the already overloaded rescues and shelters
in the southeast.

These were being advertised at $150+. If anyone potentially affected
by this would like to do a little more sleuthing, I will provide the
phone number that was in the ad.