From:
valerie wahoski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 29 Mar 2003 23:36:12 -0800
Bob C. Wrote:
>... Seventh, WHEN you are biten, replace the ferret back in the cage
>IMMEDIATELY!  Ferrets really hate being confined, especially when they
>can see other ferrets having fun.  No physical punishment, no treats,
>just back in the cage for 3 minutes or so, then let them back out.  If
>they try to bite again, put them back in the cage for another 3 minutes.
>It won't take long for them to associate biting with confinement during
>play time.

I say:
Is it possible that the ferret may associate his home, aka his security
place where he's supposed to feel secure in his dark environment feel
that the cage is a form of punishment?  And not feel comfortable when
he is being put to bed at night time?  He may think he's being punished
for a loong time (however long he's in his cage at night) I'd suggest a
carrier or better yet, a small hutch 24"X24" with nothing more than a
towel in it...for the ferret's time out...no toys...just the towel to
cover the floor.  And place the hutch/carrier in a high traffic area that
way he sees that if he behaves, he can come out and play so long as he
doesn't bite.

-valerie

=====
~*~*~ VALERIE ~*~*~