From:
Kim Burkard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Apr 1996 10:15:18 EDT
>stoats.  These small (1.5 lbs) weasel-like creatures are so cute to see play
>(and hunt).  They do war-dances like our ferts and they are experts in
>hiding stuff (mostly 1/2 rabbits) aswell.  But that isn't all, they are very
>agile tree-climbers too, -birds, beware of your eggs-.  It was amazing to
>see them chase and kill a rabbit more then double their size and then drag

A number of years ago there was an article in "Natural History" magazine on
weasels.  They made the comparison that a weasel killing and carrying off a
full grown rabbit is akin to a terrier carrying off a full grown sheep.
(Quite a mental picture, isn't it?)

When I see the things that our fuzz-heads move and compare that to their
size/weight, I'm amazed.  They are powerhouses and would definately be in
the Arnold Schwarzeneggar category if they were human!

-kim, squirt (The Running Ferret), pippi (The Sockinator),
 atlas (Fertnan the Barbarian), and 'Jinx (S2 - Judgement Day)

Kimberly Burkard     |             _    Everything I needed to know in life,
Eastman Kodak Company|      _____C .._. I learned from my ferret:
Rochester, New York  | ____/     \___/  Frolic and dance for joy often, have
[log in to unmask]    |<____/\_---\_\    no fear or worries, and enjoy life.