Date:
Fri, 28 Feb 2003 10:38:36 -0600
Hello I have not been reading FML much but this caught my Eye.  I believe
that if the ferret had not been already adopted it would be a different
issue but since he is already in a new home there is no taking back.  I
made the choice once to find a new home for a pet I had some issues with.
Just because I miss him greatly and get depressed I cannot take him back
now.  That is like putting a child up for adoption, you cannot change
your mind and take them back after they are adopted.  Just because you
might not like the new home they are in.  Yes, you can missed them and
wish they were not gone but you just learn from your error and don't do
it again.  Times are tuff and we all do our best to make the right
choices in our life but you just cannot get them 100% right all the time.
If you take him back and then a time comes that you need to place your
ferrets in new homes again why should the shelter trust you not to do the
same thing again.