From:
AarrowRanch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Nov 2007 12:42:55 -0500
I can't help but think of these two little ferts I got via a rescue
here in Va. They were to be put down in a few days if someone did not
take them. They were a very long distance from me so it was not for
me to drive that distance. Not that I couldn't but there were options
closer.

That shelter got together with a friend who lived much closer and he
picked them up. Then on bowling night he gave them to the shelter owner
who transported them to her shelter. Then another shelter person from
Maryland went from the DC area to Fredericksburg to meet me in a
parking lot where I got them and took them home.

They melded into the new home in a matter of two days. With so many
changes in their lives they did very well to adapt so quickly. Probably
having an enormous cage and lots of room, plenty of feed and clean
water helped some.

Over the term they have gained weight and body tone. Pester was at
first called Anxious but Pester is the better name for her. She pesters
Peekaboo allot, but she does me too so no one is immune. They are happy
and are doing very well here.

They have no idea how close they were to death. They have no idea of
how so many very kind and generous people worked so very hard giving
up so much of their own time and expense to help them. They will never
come to understand how much they have to be thankful for, but I can be
thankful for them by thanking all those people for all they did and
thanking God, our maker for giving us all we have that we can give to
these innocent gentle creatures.

God gave animals to us. We reign supreme over them but we are not to
abuse them but to use them for our purposes. For the ferret as we have
come to know them they are for us to have and love and be loved by them
as well. And they do in their own way. My home is full of dooks where
Peekaboo will dook up a storm playing. Pester will roll on her back in
total submission to let me play with her. They know little, but are
intelligent. They poop all over the place right where I wish they
wouldn't but they know no better and are forgiven every time. They
sleep in bed with me and chomp on my toes which really ire's me, but
they are only ferrets. I would have it no other way.

Glad to have them, and so very thankful to have these two with me.
Deafness, blindness, bad habits and all, they are gold. Thank you God
for ferrets~!

Gordon, Peekaboo and Pester
Missing Byte-me, Kodo, Bud, Nibble-ed, Rug-lumper, Pete, RePete, Diz
and  others.

Rev. J. Gordon Bengtson
Aarrow Ranch Aviation
Mechanicsville, Virginia 23111