From:
Al Horne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Jan 1997 10:24:09 -0500
I have a copy of Debra Jean's book.  I am confused by the chapter on ferret
health.  There are several 'clusters' of symptoms listed.  I must be blind
or something, but I don't see any definition or remarks about causes of the
clustered symptoms.

For example, the symptoms might be 'hair loss/over eating/excessive
drinking/change in activity level' but there would be no heading to say
"adrenal disease" or "could be adrenal disease or insulinoma or yada yada
yada" with some recommendations for first aid and treatments that might be
had from the vet.

I guess if there were such definitions or remarks that people would take a
very sick ferret to the vet, and scream at the vet about treating the ferret
for X problem, without allowing the vet to do a proper exam and diagnosis.
I little knowledge can be dangerous...

It is also true that I don't have the latest addition... comments anyone?

A.