From:
Pat Scherschel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Mar 2003 20:19:40 -0500
Hello everyone... it's been a long while since I have posted here but I
read the FML every chance I get.  Unfortunately it isn't often enough.
I always know that you are here for help, support and the answer to
questions.

I was talking to my vet today and we started discussing ferrets and the
various diseases and conditions that they are suceptable to.  He said
that he had a ferret in his clinic today that had a blood glucose of
over 600.  He couldn't believe what he read so he redid the test and it
truly was over 600.  The ferret was too far gone to save but it rose a
question.  What is the treatment for ferrets with diabetes.  He tried to
find information on diabetes in ferrets and couldn't find anything other
than it was mentioned as possible.  Nothing else.  I know that I have
read at some point and time owners that have dealt with this.

I know he would appreciate any information that any of you could provide
him with.  I have never experienced this in any of my ferrets but I sure
would like him to be ready if it ever happened.

You are all so helpful and I know that many of you are blessed with a
wealth of information on our precious fur babies.  If you could email me
so that I can pass on the information it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Pat and the 10 little Indians