Date:
Sun, 26 Sep 2004 08:36:43 -0400
>I'd really, really like to sit down with you and this young mother and
>her blind, deaf, brain-damaged daughter and watch you explain your new,
>modern, better-informed views on immunization to her.  I'd like to see
>you hold that baby in your arms.  I think you might learn something
>valuable from the experience.

Then we could sit down with all the parents of autistic children and tell
them that it was for the good of the masses and so sorry that their once
normal, vibrant child is no longer.  But the good news is that there
child probably won't get measles now!  The cases of autism has dramaticly
increased with the addition of more and more childhood vaccinations.
Alot of parents of autistic children can pinpoint it to the vaccinations.
Of course it will probably be a long while for this to finally be
acknowledged openly, because then what?  I do think there may be the
possibility,as has been pointed out, that some people are more
predisposed to having health complications from vaccinating.  But until
there is someway to determine who those people are, it is not anyone
else's right to decide that they have to take that risk.

>Send me an e-mail.  I'll send you my number and we can set it up, but
>hurry.  It's still not too late for you to try to talk her mother out
>of any toxic immunizations for that poor baby.  I'd hate to see her get
>pumped full of mercury!

I guess it doesn't really matter then if kids get well over the federal
safety guidelines for mercury?  I think they should change those
guidelines to reflect that.  I mean afterall, our kids have "proven"
that it is safe right?  Well minus the ones that were damaged.  But it
was for the good of the masses.

Who is right and who is wrong?  Do you or I or anyone have the right to
decide what risks are acceptable?  No.  And as long as there are proven
risks we will always have that right.  And we have the right to knowing
that information.  No where in my posts have I EVER said what person
should do.  I have acknowledged the pros and cons to all sides.  You on
the other hand, seem to feel it is YOUR decison to make for others and
seem particularly bothered that information is being presented so people
may make informed decisions.  Do you think that people should not be
informed of the studies and findings that are out there?  Sorry, I think
it should be, and sadly it is not coming from the people that have a duty
to share it.

Now this has gone from overvaccinating ferrets to childhood
immunizations.  Does anyone have any actual scientific evidence that
annuals are needed for ferrets?  Or should we just conclude that annuals
are the current protocol for ferrets despite the studies done with cats
and dogs that prove out to 7+years duration of immunity,and despite the
protocols being changed for other species, and also depsite the
acknowledgement of the AVMA that overvaccination serves no purpose and
may actually harm or make the animal more susceptible to the disease it
is supposed to prevent?  In other words no other reason than lack of
actual studies done with ferrets?

   ~Amy~

[Moderator's note: Yes, it is creeping off-topic.  Or speeding that way.
Thing is, I can find plenty of support -- SOME of it even reputable --
for both sides of the issue.  I don't think many minds will be changed
here but it's fine to let readers see both sides of things.  But let's
keep it as pertinent as possible to ferrets, please.  BIG]