Date:
Thu, 30 Oct 2003 16:29:46 -0800
Hi, all.

I met a little guy named Rosco today.  I greeted him along with his
business, Casper and Ozzie.  Ozzie actually crossed the Bridge without
ever having met Rosco in the World of the Living, so it was a double
greeting!

Rosco was absolutely ravenous, his final illness had kept him from eating
for a long time.  After all the proper introductions were made, Ozzie and
Casper took Rosco to the Ferretone Fountain and the Fruit Bar.

Well, they got kind of carried away at the Fruit Bar, and lots of
strawberry slices wound up in the grass, but it was all in good fun.
Every now and then a new arrival just can't quite deal with the idea of
unlimited treats, and things get out of hand.

Rosco and the guys want their Mommy and Daddy, Lisa and Chris to know
that they are loved and missed very much.  Ditto their Brothers in Fur
Stoney and Toby, and Meeko the Dog.  Ozzie, especially, wants his Mommy
to know how glad he is that she has kept her promise, and only takes in
lost ferrets, or little guys from Rescues and Shelters.

Tonight the guys are going to hang their hammies together, but tomorrow
Rosco is going to go in search of the perfect nest for himself.  He was
very excited to hear about the field full of baskets of clean, folded
laundry!  That's going to be his first stop.

I met another little guy named Budda.  He needed a little time in a
Recovery hammie with me, and his old friend from next door, Ping.  That
business with the dog kind of rattled Budda for a while, but he was fine
after a cuddle and some quiet conversation.

Budda and Ping and I went to check out a Virtual Reality game I had never
visited before, the Virtual Cat Bother.  You wear these cool glasses,
and you get to bother a cat as much as you want, for as long as you want,
in a variety of scenarios.  Very Realistic!  You can even *smell* the
cats!  And no real cats are bothered.  We spent hours there, making them
ticked off, and ruining their Virtual naps!  I understand that the cat
Afterworld has a Virtual Ferret Bother.  I can't say I'm crazy about the
idea, but I guess that fair is fair.

Budda really misses his Mommies Shannon and Julie, but he knows that he
will see them again one day, at the proper time.  Ping wants his Mommy,
Kelly to know that he misses her, too.  He is glad that Kelly will be
there to help Shannon and Julie deal with losing Budda, and that is a
comfort to Budda, too.

Anyway, I'm headed back to that Virtual Cat Bother!

Sandee