From:
Lynn Siegel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Aug 2002 13:00:53 -0400
I'm sorry but I think I missed something.  This is in reply to the post
by Brandi, I think it was, who was a young lady out on her own & she
wanted to give her ferret away, for a number of reasons.

In all of the going back & forth of everyone, have I missed what has
happened to the ferret in question?  Did it go to a new home?  Or is it
still with Brandi?  It seems to me the ferret has been overlooked.

I don't think it matters why she wants to give the ferret up, if she is
that determined about it this list is the best place to post it so the
ferret ends up with someone who knows all of the pros & cons of having
a ferret.  Does it make any sense at all to attack anyone giving up
ferrets?  I don't see where that will accomplish anything.

Yes I also think that it is easier for someone to say they don't have
time for it, than to maybe try & work through any problems they are
having with it.  If a person can give a ferret only a few hours of
personal time, it may not be enough for most of us, but come on, how many
hours do they sleep anyway?  There are several ways to give a ferret time
out & with mom or dad.  BUT she wanted to give it up.  So doesn't it make
sense that it is better for the ferret to be away from where it isn't
wanted anymore, than to have her keep it.  I believe if she keeps it,
more resentment will build up & that will make it worse.

Caterina is right "Love is unconditional".  And that might be the key,
people she doesn't LOVE it, it sounds like she doesn't even LIKE it &
she for sure doesn't WANT it anymore.  It isn't like she loves it, like
Lisette who loves Mini-Me & is in horrible pain & cannot chase after the
little girl to keep her from killing the other ferrets & is trying to
find a new home for her.  I think most of us understand that.  If we jump
all over someone who uses this list as a way to find a new home for a
ferret(s) when they no longer want it for whatever reason, what good will
it do?  What needs to be done is to find a home for the fuzzbutt & hope
that the person giving them up will not get another one.

Lynn & Clan War Weasels