From:
"Joyce 'Azusa' Meadows, Follower of Kasumi-san" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 17 Feb 1996 11:05:04 -0600
Pine/cedar for bedding??

Eek...I'm sure many others will respond to this, and much better than I'm
able to, but I feel compelled to throw in my two cents.

Pine and/or cedar bedding is NOT good for the fuzzies.  Check the FAQs...
they say more about this.

Seth and Emma have one of my old sweatshirts, a couple of towels, and a
Christmas stocking to sleep in/on/under (depending on their mood and the
temperature).  Many pet stores will say that cedar and pine are all right
for bedding, but that is because a) they don't know any better, b) they want
to make a sale, or c)they just don't care.

Would you give wood chips to a cat for bedding?  In many aspects of care,
what's not appropriate for a cat is probably not appropriate for a ferret.

Anyway - I hope this didn't sound like a flame.  You obviously love your
baby and are trying to do what you can for him.  I just had to say something
about the wood chips.  :)

-joyce (What do you mean, you guys need a mattress?)
-Seth the Mighty (yes  a nice big kingsized matress)
-Emma (with lamb chop sheets)
-Seth the Mighty (no    power rangers sheets)
-Emma (no   lamb chop)