Date:
Wed, 5 Dec 2007 01:36:40 -0500
Hello everyone,...I haven't been participating much here on the FML
due to serious personal Family medical problems.

On Monday, 12/3, the last of my "elders" bunch was helped to the
Bridge. "Ruby", my 8+ yrs. old albino, finally told me 'it was time'.
She had lived together with 5 other ferts her same age for 7 yrs.,
losing her last cagemate "Tyler" on 8/8, leaving her alone with me
since then. I have a "loner/rescue" 3yr old sable left, "Katie", who
doesn't like other ferts. Ruby was the "mama" ferret of the bunch,..as
in when the others showed signs of sickness, she would lie on them
for warmth, give them "a push" when they didn't feel much like moving,
etc.,....to me,...the 'perfect Ferret'! She was always a hellraiser,
pouncing on her larger pals when she had had enough of their 'rough
play', sending them running for cover!LOL!..

She was a damned "Marshall" product,... adrenal, Insolinomic, on the
correct meds,...ate like a horse her whole life......but nothing is
forever. Soup, meds, everything began to be refused,..her eyes would
lock onto mine, and like a 'fert whisperer', her message was clear....
it was her time to join her fert bunkies over the Bridge, and She was
asking for help. I've never had to "assist" any of my 8 to cross the
Bridge,...till now.

So many firsts these heartbreakers have given me,....an education in
tolerance, a smile on my face that could never be outdone by ANY other
animal, the 'feeling' of doing 'good' when one is rescued and given all
they could handle in the way of good care, happiness, food, and love!
It has been said that "they will let you know" when it is time to
assist them in ending their suffering, and this was made very apparent
to me by my "Ruby-Doo"!....

She was one of a kind, to me. She will be always awaited to be with
forever one day, as will they all, just one that I will look for with
'extra' zeal

God bless you Ruby-Doo, at least you are out of your distress!!...Your
"Ferret-Dad" loves you!! Enjoy your newfound health!!.....

One more thing, Ruby, give all of our 8+ that are already there, a big
Ferret Kiss for me!! I will know when this is done,....I'll just know.

To all those who have recently lost one of your babies, or are
currently nursing sick ones,..my prayers go out to you & yours!

Take care,..DOOKS,...

John Rich & the n.j. gang of '1',(sigh), USA.

john rich <[log in to unmask]>