From:
Chere McCoy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Sep 2004 17:51:34 EDT
From Chere McCoy of Ferret Friends of Indian River County and Ferret
Friends Disaster Response.

Good Evening:

Today we went again to the grocery store for food.  Ferrets doing  fine,
Awaiting word from local Humane Society regarding ferrets.

Did the rounds again today with DH - no loose dogs, no loose cats, took
care of some cows and some horses.

Larry is sick doing everything we can for him don't know if it is the
intestinal flu or something else.

Sent S.O.S. all the Ferret Angels we had (6) -- so when they appear on
the board please bid on them or whatever it will be for all the Hurricane
victims in the shelter- not just us.

Correspondence with HSUS Director Southeastern.  Haven't received a
message back but am sure they will be checking on the Dove and Ferret
Rescue in Pensacola, FL.  Still a very big mess there.

Doing my best to organize supplies to be sent up to the Pensacola, FL
area -- it's going slow because this is the 3rd hurricane that has hit
Florida.

Keeping close eye on Hurricane Jeanne - don't know if it will hit us or
not.

Ferrets here are fine -- like they don't even know what is going on but
they are having a great time.  Bear Dog and Crystal Dog patrol and keep
track of any ferrets that do cage escapes -- no escapes today.

Power going on and off (gosh I just hate that).

We still are in need of donations so if you are able even a dollar will
help paypal name is Agedog1 or use the address below.

It's 5 days and counting (I hope) till the insurance agents get to us.

Everybody stay well, kiss your fuzzies, and pray for all of the shelters
that have been hit.

Chere McCoy
Ferret Friends of Indian River County
8775 20th Street, Lot 614