From:
ferret lover <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Nov 1999 20:20:21 -0800
Okay boys and girls, I think the whole adoption/shelter issue really is
decided case by case!  At least, that's the way I'm reading it and I
believe that's the way it should be!  Most shelter operators have the best
interest of the ferret at heart-as it should be, but I think the guidelines
that were given were just that-GUIDELINES!!  I just can't see a person who
would be an ideal ferret parent being turned down for lack of a car.  Good
ferret homes are just too hard to find!

Also, not that Bob C. needs me or anyone else to defend him, but I had a
hard time swallowing the fact that someone had the audacity to criticize
him and/or his ferrets.  I don't know him, never met him, and probably
never will, but there is no doubt in my mind that this is a man who truly
cares about his-and all ferrets!!  The person who dished out the insults
should take a good long look in the mirror!  I doubt it's a very pretty
sight!  And Bob, I don't think you owe any of us an explanation!  I think
the person is just jealous of your charm and wit!