Date:
Wed, 14 Oct 2009 14:14:25 -0700
Since everyone is chiming in on the nail clippers they use, I thought
I'd add my 2 cents!

At the recommendation of my vet and my sister-in-law (who has more
pets - a WIDE variety - than most shelter people!) I use a set of
clippers that are called Guillotine clippers. They're exactly like the
ones vets and groomers use and you can find them at any pet store. Mine
are for cats, because the dog version won't trim such tiny ferret nails
well. The cat one works perfectly, and it's so fast to use! I just
squirt some olive oil on my babies tummies and I'm done in less than a
minute. The best thing is that these type of clippers don't even make a
sound when you're clipping so the ferrets don't get spooked. My little
girl hates the noise her regular ferret clippers make - you know, the
crunchy "clip" noise - and she'd jump every time. I was worried I'd
accidentally cut the quick because of this! But the guillotine clippers
don't make her jump, so it's easier and faster. Just my opinion!

And Kim - Hilarious story! Ferrets are so smart - they'll figure out a
way to do anything to get what they want! I seriously think ferrets are
smarter than most animals - definitely smarter than my dog and my mom's
cats anyway!

Melissa