From:
Debbie Riccio <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Jan 1996 09:20:33 -0500
To Tom and Kramer:

Yes, Tom, ferrets gain weight in the winter and can loose as much as 40% in
the summertime.

When I got my first ferret 11 years ago, this happened to me (him).  I had
him in to the vets because I thought he must have worms.  We did blood work,
stool samples, everything was negative.  I told my vet I thought he might
have tapes because I had a flea problem at the time.  (BTW, it was getting
on in October now).  So, we wormed him for fleas and he gained weight (by
now, November).  Hah!  I was right!  (I thought).

Later, I found out it is normal for ferrets to gain/lose with the seasons.
I don't know who was more embarrassed - me or the vet!

Debbie Riccio