From:
Toni and Robert Tilley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Jan 2004 10:55:06 -0500
Hi all,

I'm just writing to say that I saw Ben Stiller with Matt Lauer on the
Today show today (Thursday) where he publicly apologized to all ferret
people for his negative remarks about ferrets on the Tonight Show with
Jay Leno the other night.  He said he felt terrible that his attempt at
humor went very wrong.  He said he had no opinion either way on the
ferret legalization issue in California.  He also publicly apologized
to the ferrets themselves!  They brought a ferret to him; he held it
and even kissed it!  Apparently there was a huge response from ferret
enthusiasts over his remarks; Lauer likened it to the Paris Hilton
scandal.  He also said it could have been career threatening, and
Stiller agreed.

WAY TO GO FERRET LOVERS!!!!  This is an excellent example of what can
be accomplished!  Thanks and kudos to all of you who wrote to him!!!
He even read some of the letters in the interview.

As one who'd witnessed Stiller's original remarks and his apology, that
eventually followed, I will say that even though I didn't care much for
him before, I do respect him now.

Toni Tilley
proud to be owned by our 8 wonders