Date:
Fri, 16 Jan 2004 14:43:59 -0800
Hello to the FML,
I've been skimming through some of the Ben Stiller stuff and all the
hype on the FML and other boards.  I'm amazed at how outraged owners have
become - I mean, come on.  Some of the fanatical and "in your face"
emails and letters that the station and Ben Stiller received sounded so
forceful and lecture-like that I'm sure that they not only enforced his
negative feelings about ferrets, but also confirmed his feelings that
anyone who would own a ferret has to be crazy.

I love my guys and I love my friends who have ferrets, but come on
guys...

There are times that the ferret community becomes so forceful in their
"I like them so you have to and if you don't, you're an idiot" that they
begin to sound like those religious people that come knocking at your
door unwelcomed.  Not everyone in the world wants to become "educated"
or "enlightened" on the topic of ferrets.  People are entitled to their
opinions and just because they don't share the same joy as we do about
our pets doesn't make the person any less of a person.

I am thrilled to see a ferret portrayed in a movie.  I've been very
excited about this movie come out JUST to see the ferret!  I can't
imagine boy-cotting it just because the actor said something negative
after getting bit.  Sheesh - his face is his career.

Am I alone in feeling like this or does someone out there share both my
love for my pets AND my feelings on the movie?

Some of the suggestions about now flooding the station with "thank yous"
for the apology are ridiculous.  Let it go already.  Instead of putting
so much time into arguing with people, put that energy into what YOU love
and stop trying to push your opinions onto everyone else.

Leese