From:
Krista Hamilton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Jan 1996 00:23:05 -0500
First off, I would like to thank everyone for the responses I got about
shampoo, bathing, blow-drying etc..  It has given me lots to think about.

As far as blow-drying goes, our boys are fascinated with it.  They don't
mind being dryed with the dryer in addition to the towel.

I would like to take the time now to respond to a couple of responses now.

Linda - you wrote

>and no shampoo works as well as holding off on the bathing and just
>changing their bedding frequently...  have you tried not bathing them?

The bath we gave them was the first in about 2-3 months, except for Thunder.
We just got Thunder last month and since he was kept in cedar chips, he
needed a bath.  The smell was so strong that it made our eyes burn.  After
his first bath, it no longer made our eyes burn and he didn't seem to be
bothered so, we left it for over a month.  Their bedding gets changed at
least twice a week.  Rascal and Digger were not that bad but they got into
some things the shouldn't have, so...off to the bath all 3 go.  When we were
finished the bath we were surprised at the dirt in the tub.  So now what???

To Tracy and Scout - you wrote
>I was suprised when he told me that baby shampoo is just about the
>harshest thing you can put in your hair.

Lots of people have told me this.  And for as many people that agree, there
are just as many telling me that they have no problems.  Out of all the
swimming part, well, Rascal is the only one that is not terrified by the
water.  Therefore, we only bathe them when absolutely needed.  Out of the 6
months we have had Rascal he has only been bathed 3 times, out of the 5
months we have had Digger he has only been bathed 3 times and Thunder twice
in a little over a month.  So, we have tried bathing, not bathing, no
shampoo, shampoo.

Boy I am confused.  All I want is to bathe my boys without fear that I
will hurt them.  Maybe by the time the next bath comes, I will have made
a decision.  DOUBTFULL!!!

Just one more thing...in the six months we have had Rascal we have never
heard a peep out of him. (Except for 1 scream!)   All of a sudden last
night he was chasing me and he dooked for about 3 minutes straight.  It
surprised us and come to think of it...it looked like he surprised
himself!!!

So this is so long!!

Krista & Tracey
Thunder, Rascal and Digger!!!