From:
Little Dudes Ferret Ranch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Sep 2007 16:20:13 -0700
How about sanctuaries working with a chosen shelter in the area for
referrals to adopt? It's a win win situation IF the politics don't get
in the way. However, in my experience in the ferret world, it doesn't
take much to upset other shelters, people vehemently take sides and
a divided community of shelters ensues with little support from each
other and very unforgiving. Not all - just some. No flames please, it's
not personal, just an observation and opinion which doesn't hold water
so no reason for anyone to take offense.

I do have a preferred shelter here that I refer people to for adoptions
but I also mention ALL shelters in the area as well as list them on my
website regardless of how they personally feel about me. Ferrets still
need a safe place to go and we are all full so it certainly isn't in
their best to limit any resources.

Yes, sadly sanctuaries are now a necessary and I for one, am quickly
burning out.