From:
"Emily E. Classon" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 24 Nov 1996 11:19:44 -0500
Hi all.

I know that younger ferrets can eat certain kitten foods (i use the right
stuff and am not asking for any debates).  I'm wondering if there are any
good recommendations for adult ferrets.  Nietra will turn three in January,
and i'm wondering what we should feed her.  I got a sample of TF, which she
ate quite well.  Should I just try to get ahold of some?  Does anyone know
of places I can order it cheaply?  Also, we just got an 8 week old kit who
was fed MF food in the store.  Should we get him used to TF too?

Any comments on MF ferret litter?  It's the only kind I seem to be able to
find.

Well, Nietra and the baby (can't think of a name yet) are getting along
fabulously.  If we let her out of her cage first (we won't put them
together until we're sure that they'll get along), she immediately goes
over and wakes him up.  They play together until they wear themselves
out.  It is such a happy thing to watch.  It is amazing to see Nietra
light up when she is playing with her new friend.

I still haven't figured out his coloring.  He looks like a cross between a
panda and a silver mitt.  He is stunning.

Do ferrets make noises when they sleep?  Nietra never does this, but the
baby is making little noises when he's sleeping.  He doesn't sound like he's
in distress though.  He isn't moving around restlessly or anything either.
Also, do kits whine at all?  Maybe that's not the word I want.  Well, Nietra
was out first.  The baby was running around his cage following her in
whichever direction she went in.  He started making a noise which resembled
a whine.  I knew he was saying, "let me out, i want to play with my new
sister!"

And to everyone who said I should get him....  you were soooo right!

--Emily