From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Oct 1994 12:55:43 -0400 (EDT)
Hi!
 I have a ferret who has had some eating problems lately, but I think she is
eating ok now. I recently took her to the vet and he said my ferret had a
partially prolapsed rectom (it looked like one small irritated area to me).
Anyway, I've noticed that when she walks over things, like her play tubes, that
she doesn't just step over them. She kind of drags her crotch area over things.
I don't know if it is hind limb weakness, if it is due to her partially
prolapsed rectom, or if maybe she has some parasitic problem. If you have any
ideas, please let me know. Thanks.
                                    -Anon

P.S. I really want to go to vet school. Does anybody know of a few good schools
that emphsize small animals and exotics (especially ferrets!)?