Date:
Mon, 29 May 2000 13:51:19 -0500
>From:    Jaclyn Savolainen <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: ferrets and babies
>Wondering what people's experiences have been with ferrets and newborns.
>We have a ferret and aren't quite sure what to do when we have a baby.
>Honest realistic responses would be appreciated.

My first ferret was a female albino that was purchased from a pet store.
We named her Algebra ( anyone remember the mule from the little rascals?
:-), she was around 15 weeks old.  At the same time my youngest daughter
Emily was about 2-3 years old ( she is 12 now ).

Algebra would go up to her and take her bottle out of her hands and run off
with them, bite the tops off and drink the milk.  Even if they were empty
she would swipe them and chew up the rubber ends of 'em.  She would also
swipe the pacifiers too.

I've had four ferrets so far and two of them were just nuts about the
rubber in pacifiers and the milk bottles.  So you will have to watch that
closely.  But had no other problems besides these, hope this helps :-)

- Weezzer & Majyk
& the fuzzy Terrors ( Peppin & Sheeba )