From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 29 Sep 2001 07:09:09 -0700
Does anyone have experience working with city officials (Animal Control)
to get them to reconsider the policy of charging a $75 per ferret
licensing fee?

We clearly have a ferret population in our city, there are 2 shelters,
both of which are rather "unofficial" due to the city's stance on ferrets.
The head of animal control has knowledge that one of them exists, and just
kind of leaves it alone - but I'm literally in hiding because I can't pay
$75 per ferret.

I would love to do "Ferret Education", make my shelter known so that
adoption is easier, and be able to fundraise.

It's my understanding that the person dictating the high fee had a family
member bitten by a ferret causing him to simply not like ferrets.

Suggestions?

[JY]