From:
Phyllis Elledge <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Oct 2005 20:11:15 -0400
He's the 7 1/2 yo that I got out of a terrible place.  He was blind but
you could still see the spark in his eyes.  I don't know where he came
from or how long he was in that shelter before I was able to adopt him.
All I know is that for the few days he was with us, after getting on the
proper meds, he was one of the most loving, happy and smart ferrets I've
ever seen.  It has hurt so bad that he was only allowed that one brief
week with us.  He was clean, had proper food, plenty of soft, clean
bedding and friends to play with but most of all... our love.  I don't
know if any of you remember Vella.  She was an older blind girl that we
adopted from Sandi's shelter.  She was only with us for a year or so
before the Bridge called to her and we helped her cross.  The stange
thing is that Einstein bonded with John exactly the way that Vella had.
People have said, and we like to believe, that Vella sent him to us
knowing that he didn't have much time left.  She knew of the love and
care he would get with us.

And, if she did, I thank her from the bottom of my heart.  And I hope
that Vella and Einstein found each other when Einstein crossed to the
Rainbow Bridge.  So if you will, please take a minute of your time to
check on Eistein and make sure he's OK and isn't alone.  Thanks.

Phyllis