From:
Danielle Frye <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Jul 2001 09:38:24 -0700
Thank you to Diane Sachs for clarifying what I was trying to say about
returning ferrets to pet stores.  I am happy to report that the site I had
concerns about are going to change some of the information I questioned.
I just hope that people out there did not just take the information and
utilize it, I hope they did further research on ferrets.

I also wanted to clarify that whoever Danielle@nym or however it is
spelled, is not me.  It gets confusing at times when there are two or
more people who have the same first name.  Unfortunately, I did not get
to see the TV show she was referring to.  I always seem to miss this
stuff because the TV is hardly ever on in my home.

I have been reading some stuff that concerns me.  There have been instances
where people have rescued ferrets, which is great!  However, I do get upset
when these same people post that they would practice violence on those who
they rescued the ferret(s) from.  I understand your passion and the anger,
but if you are serious, I urge you to reconsider your actions.  Violence
begets violence.  I have been angered by the way people who I have rescued
ferrets from, have treated these animals (especially the ones who were
feeding the ferret Kix breakfast cereal and keeping the ferret in a small
aquarium) BUT I would never consider violence or threats of violence, as
an option.  I also worry when I see posts that threaten this, with a bunch
of posts following that agree and encourage this stuff.  Just be happy
that you saved the ferret, and leave it at that.

Gotta go!  I see another sock that needs to be rescued.

Take care~