From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Mar 1997 13:14:42 -0500
Well, Meltie made it without another stroke, large or small.  Her only
residual damage from the one mild one yesterday seems to be a very slight
bit of floppiness to her rear right foot on the lifting phase of walking,
but it causes no impairment.  In fact, this morning she broke into a gallop
and I had to lunge for her.  (Since Meltdown's cardiomyopathy went into
stage four in November her rule on that score is, "just good walk-walk, no
zoom-zoom, no-no zoom-zoom".  Don't you just love our vocabulary?) She's in
great spirits, thinks that it gets annoying after a while to spend ALL one's
time in Mommy's shirt, or Daddy's arms, or with Warp in to tattle on you if
you get sick while a grown-up is in the bathroom, but that it must mean that
she has finally ascended to her rightful place as queen of the universe.
We're really tired, but what the heck -- it's worth it.

Oh, my step-mom is out of the hospital.  She's on real heavy medication to
keep her blood pressure at a low level to not strain the developing scar in
the aorta or the aneurysm above it which fortunately did not go with the
dissection.  Sometimes it's amazing what can be lived through these days.

Meltie got messages and cards, but in at least one case the e-mail address
given with card did not work and the person did not use a name so I don't
even know who to send thanks to or how to do it.  Just know I say thank
you, okay.  Hope to get to the rest of the mails before the weekend is out.
BTW, Meltdown LOVES the music which comes with the animated sunshine card!
She did a rather restricted  (by me) dance to it.