From:
Rebecca Stout <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 Jul 2006 15:53:00 EDT
Yesssssssssss, indeed.  This is safe.  And it works.  Now if there was
long term and consistent usage on a ferret, I'm not sure what that would
do to the coat.  It could damage it some and make it course ... that is
what some other like products do.  But I've never had a problem with
Allerpet.  However, I don't use it a lot.  I also wipe it off when I
use it.

It's easy and fast to use.  And it won't cause the problems that over
bathing can do to their skin.  Just pick up the furry booger.  Have a
warm damp washcloth, and soak some Allerpet into it.  Wipe back and forth
all over fur.  Take another wash cloth, and wipe all the excess off.
Now, even if you were to do this with just water regularly in a pinch, it
would help allergies.  But there definitely is something to this stuff
that is better than just using water.

Write me on or off list, please.  I have bad allergies and severe asthma.
Yet I am able to live with these little boogers and those with allergies
are able to visit me here in my home.  It's exhausting the first few days
while you get used to the many preventative things that are needed, but
you fall into a sort of routine.  Two things to remember.  You can't
"catch up" with these sorts of things.  Gutting out a home, or ferret
room and cleaning it often is not enough.  Not by a long shot.  Each day
that you don't do clean up, dander builds up in a home in the vents and
everywhere.  Not to mention the days between cleanings are miserable for
folks.  Also remember that you must do everything together.  Just doing
one or two things regularly also isn't enough.

Sorry that this is a confusing message, but I have company ...

Wolfy