From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Jul 2012 23:47:50 -0400
Today we had one of the those "No ferret here has ever done that
before" situations. Our youngest ferret, KeskittAA (meaning "Focus" in
Finnish when it is spelled with the two dots over both of the "a"s and
pronounced rather like Keskittah), figured out how to get herself into
the large, padded storage hassock in which we keep newspapers for the
many litter pots in their mail room. She was obviously not spooked
but I sure was when I finally figured out where she was. Luckily, I'd
thrown a pillow on top of it while I was squeaking the latex duckie
that we keep out of reach for this use and the pillow bumped against
me. There was nothing under the pillow so I checked all around the
edges in case she was standing on tiptoe and nosing it. Nope. So, I
squeaked it again and the hassock lid rose and fell about a half inch.
All is well, and I have placed a very large carry cage on top of the
hassock to prevent that happening again. More than 30 years with
ferrets and they still surprise us.

Sukie (not a vet) Ferrets make the world a game.

Recommended ferret health links:
http://ferrethealth.org/archive/
http://www.miamiferret.org/
http://www.ferrethealth.msu.edu/