From:
Corynne dejong <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Nov 2000 18:46:35 EST
I posted last week about the pet store that was going to be bought over
in Bothell, WA.  I am so sad to say, these new people know NOTHING about
ferrets.  These poor babies are encircled by SCREAMING parrots.  I mean EAR
PEARCING.  They haven't had their cage changed since the new owners took
over.  I don't think anyone has even taken them out of their cage.  The
puppy pads at the bottom of the cage are ripped to shreds, and there's a
stuffed animal in their cage with it's nose ripped off (I couldn't find the
nose).  Both babies have quickly started showing their frustration (either
with the construction or the birds).  The sable who was a bit nippy now
bites HARD!  She broke my skin a few times, before the new owners came I
thought I was getting through to her with gentle discipline, but now she's
probably so frustrated she can't stand it!  And the absolute sweetie albino
who never bit has started biting quite a bit too, although not as hard.  It
breaks my heart that I can't find them a home!  Please, if any of you know
anybody who is looking for a couple babies in the Seattle area, contact me.
I'm sure they will calm down once the get a normal home!  Again - the store
has turned to a bird pet store, so they probably won't be getting any more
ferrets after these are gone.

Thanks again

Corynne