From:
Krista Hamilton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Feb 1996 15:37:19 -0500
hi all,

Since this dosen't happen too often, I thought I would share this great
story with all of you.

On Sunday, my husband and I walked into a small pet store expecting to see a
ferret in wood shavings.  The first thing I saw when I walked in the store
was a huge aquarium, and I do mean huge.  It was octagonal and about 3.5
feet in diameter.  It was about 2.5 feet high.  In it, instead of wood
shavings, there was 2 inches of shredded paper.  Burrowed in it was a 7 week
old little girl.  She was sooo cute.  I asked to see her.  Like most small
kitts, I expected her to be a nipper.  I asked if she nipped and the guy
said not at all.  I held her for at least 15 minutes and the most she did
was lick and put her teeth on me but she never bit me.  And she was totally
litter trained.  She had lots of toys and tubes to play with.  She was kind
of expensive though.  I told the guy how impressed I was at the conditions
she was living in.  He said that they would never put a ferret in wood
shavings because of the problems it causes.  They were so knowledgable.
Inside I was jumping for joy.  Someone is going to get a great kitt!!  It is
such a far cry from the pet store we rescued Thunder from.

Well, I hope that more pet stores take a hint from this one.

Bye all
Krista, Tracey and the gang (Thunder, Rascal and Digger)