From:
Celia Varga <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 6 Jan 1996 17:26:34 -0500
Hi all!  I'm brand new to this list and also to owning a ferret.  Jake
(neutered, de-sented sable male) is the CUTEST thing I have ever seen, I
can't believe I was ferret-less for the past 35 years.  What a waste!  I've
had him for a week, he was 6 weeks when I purchased him.  He's almost litter
trained..  and he's too cute!!  (did i say that already?!) Anyway, I've read
two ferret books, the ferret faq, been all over Long Island looking through
pet stores..  I need to know a couple of things..  I bought a bottle of
Linatone (with a cat on on it).  In books I've seen pictures of people
giving Linatone as a treat but in squeeeze bottles.  It looks like the
Linatone might have been mixed with water.  Is this the proper way to give
it to my little guy?  How often can I give it to him..  straight, undiluted,
off my finger, - or diluted with water?  Also, I havent heard a *dook* out
of him since I've had him.  He snuggles with me, chases his leash, his
squeeze toy, drags his jingle ball around, but not a peep out of him.  He's
chased after my feet a couple times, we've played tug 'o war with his
blanket, but I haven't heard him say anything to me.  Is this normal?  I
plan on getting another ferret in about a month - I'm waiting for a
chocolate or cinnamon to become available.  Does anyone think he might say
something when I get the other one?  I've been reading some of the past fml
documents.. it seems there is alot of ferret illnesses.  Are ferrets' immune
systems weak, or have they been overbred.?.. I was feeling very sad reading
about everyone's sick pet.. and hoping to do the right thing by Jake..

Thanks for reading this!! I hope to talk to you all (eventually) soon!

-Celia and Jake (the dookless wonder)