From:
Greg Roth <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Nov 1994 20:21:45 -0500
Hi Jim and Nikki. I have three wonderful ferrets, and I was worried about
putting up our christmas tree. But I found out that ferrets tend to climb
real christmas trees than fake ones, because they really like the smell of
real ones and fake ones only hurt more.  Also, I was recommended to put up
ornaments that are not breakable, because if they do break one, they could
eat it.  Our tree has been up since Thanksgiving weekend, and not one of them
have climbed up it or even tried climbing it. We have three ferrets, Ruby,
Bongo, and a new female sable (unnamed, because we just bought him
yesterday), that climb very well. We had to get baby locks for our cabinets,
because Bongo had found a way of getting into the cabinet, jumping on the
shelf, then climbing into the draw, and on to the counter.  We also keep the
water running in our bathroom sink, because Bongo prefers to drink out there,
then the water dish.  Ruby can't climb as well, maybe because of his age, but
our newest one can climb almost as well as Bongo.  Bongo is 8 months old, and
the new one is only 3 months old, but Ruby is 2 years old.

                             Thanks for listening.

                                            Kimberly, Ruby, Bongo, and baby