Date:
Sun, 30 Nov 2008 11:13:57 EST
It never ceases to amaze me how people can treat their fellow man. I
think some times people lash out in a mean spirited effort just to get
attention. Mind you I am not talking about 12 or 13 year old kids, I am
talking about adults too. Adults... mean spirited... for no apparent
reason. Perhaps a case of bad attention is better than no attention at
all. I used to think that people that criticized shelters had no idea
about how to run a shelter... so I got involved with the shelter and
Jean here in Ohio. Let me tell you there is a LOT of time and effort
that goes in to a shelter. Jean put her heart in to the shelter to the
point of straining her other relationships not to mention her
pocketbook. This involvement made me appreciate the love of ferrets
that a shelter operator has. I will continue my involvement with the
shelter even though Jean has moved on. I will still call her with
emergency questions I am sure. I wouldn't have gotten involved if it
wasn't for Jean. Her love of ferrets has been passed on.

It is time for us to continue carrying the ball in the name of ferrets.
Please... set aside your disliking for each other and be thankful that
people are sheltering these fuzzy guys. We are here for the ferrets!

Dave