From:
Melissa Furash <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Oct 1996 00:41:55 -0400
Re:  the Sable Sisters

My female (and first ferret) very firmly informs me that corner pans are
ONLY acceptable in places where a real pan is too big and even then will
only be used occasionally.  She insists that even though she weighs only 1
lb.  she must have a LARGE cat pan.  I found a great one in a supermarket
that has sides that fold up to hold a pan liner.  I fold 3 sides up (they
snap together) over knotted shoe laces to tie the pan to the cage.  The
fourth side is folded down to allow easy access.  Often to doher business
she stands holding the front edge.  The two boys will use the corner pans
but often can't figure a way to fit in it.

Another way I keep them from moving the pans around is velcro tape, and the
tape is also usefull for ferret-proofing cabinets and drawers.

Re: Phone cords, etc.

I keep mine from being chewed by either spraying them with bitter apple or
smearing them with Ben-Gay.  I've used the latter for years to keep dogs
from chewing everything under the sun.  It doesn't hurt them, smells REALLY
BAD, and it lasts longer than bitter-apple.

Hope the helps.

Melissa (Personal Slave to Meeko the Princess, Percy the Perfect and Snoopy
the Attack Ferret)