From:
"Aileen N." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Aug 2002 11:01:41 -0700
My little girl, Noel, is losing the fur on her knuckles.  She was
diagnosed in February with insulinoma and has been on prednisone.  We
upped her dose in the middle of June because her blood sugar was still
borderline.

A couple of weeks later, I noticed that the fur on her hind feet was
getting pretty thin.  Then her hind toes became completely bald.  Now
the fur on her front toes is thinning out.

She is not losing fur anywhere else on her body, and her coat is still
pretty thick (though not a gorgeous and lustrous as it used to be).

Does anyone know what this could be?  Is it prednisone related?  Or maybe
adrenal?  I have had two ferrets so far with adrenal disease and they did
eventually lose the fur on their toes, but the back fur went first.

Thanks for your help.

=====
Aileen & the Herd
Farewell, Kyle, my love. May all your hurt parts heal at the Bridge.
The Ferrets: Noel, & Toby
The Dogs: Rootie the beagle, Tank the GSD/basset, & Sarah, the beagle
Still missing Sandy, Gizmo, & Slinky. We love you.

Check out the Herd's website at: http://www.geocities.com/anippy