From:
Danee DeVore <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Mar 2002 13:20:24 EST
>Someone thought it might be inflammatory bowel, but wouldn't that be more
>than just one squirt every few days??  I am at a loss and would love some
>input from you all.  This occasional diarrhe does not seem to have any
>effect on him, but it worries me.

It sounds a lot like Irritable Bowel Disease or even Inflammatory Bowel
Syndrome.  In both cases, the diarrhea does not have to be a constant
thing.  It might be time to have a bowel biopsy done, so you can determine
just what the problem is.

While it may not appear to bother him, the constant irritation of the
bowel can lead to the development of lymphoma.  IBD has been linked to
abdominal lymphoma in humans, and in the article he published in the AFR,
Dr. Mark Burgess indicates he believes the same is true in ferrets.  A
copy of Dr. Burgess's article can be found in the files section of the
FHL website.

Danee
ADV - If your ferret hasn't been tested, you don't know!
For more information visit  http://www.geocities.com/russiansmom