From:
Kymberlie Barone <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Dec 1998 23:36:47 -0500
Hello everyone,

I want to thank everyone who signed up in the past week as transporters for
Ferrets Across America.  I saw many old faces sign up again -- thank you!!
and some new ones as well -- welcome!  We also had a number of people offer
to help co-coordinate.  This is really appreciated.  I will be sending out
an e-mail to those people after I return from the show in MD this weekend.

However, we have a transport to cover between Atlanta, GA, and Virginia,
as soon as possible.  Some shelters in GA are overrun and shelters in VA
have room.  The problem is, we do not have ANY volunteers in either of the
Carolinas (I do have a couple from our original volunteer list, if you
previously signed up but didn't last week please do so again so I know
you're still available!).  I've always had trouble finding help in North
Carolina.

My request is this: obviously I need help in the Carolinas, and if you
live between Atlanta and Lynchburg VA, and wouldn't mind help transporting
ferrets, I want to hear from you.  However, we still need help from
ANYWHERE in the U.S., so that I don't have to send pleas out with each
individual transport.  You may think that you live in an area where you may
not be much help, but I've had some odd transporting requests.  You never
know when we may need help!!  Again, just because you sign up doesn't mean
that you're required to transport every time; it's a voluntary program, but
it's helpful to have you on file.  We've also had California requests, so
don't think that if you're in CA that you can't help, although I do realize
the additional cautions of this.  Californians, your information remains
strictly private, you never need to fear that.  Not to mention, being on
the list doesn't mean that you own ferrets, just that you're willing to
help drive them!

Anyway, if anyone can help get these ferrets from Atlanta to Lynchburg,
please let me know.  Unless you do not have internet access, please use the
Ferrets Across America form on the FAA website to volunteer.  You can find
the FAA website at: http://www.ferretrescue.com/faa.htm.

Please help ferrets get to their new homes!

Kymberlie Barone
Director,=20
Pennsylvania Ferret Rescue Association
Montgomery County Branch
http://www.ferretrescue.com
"Forget Puppy Love... There's nothing greater than Ferret Love!"tm
Don't miss the Three Rivers Ferret Show!!!!!!!!!
March 13, 1999 in Oakmont, PA
More info: http://trfn.clpgh.org/trfc/Show.shtml
Show proceeds help PFRA ferrets get a second chance!!!