From:
Pat Marquardt <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Mon, 18 Apr 1994 10:05:09 -0400
Hi all!  This is my first time writing, after receiving this wonderful
list for quite a few months.  I enjoy reading it while having my coffee
and bagel every morning.  We have 2 ferrets, Mugsy and Bear.  Mugsy used
to be a sable, but now he's just about lost all his color and looks like
a black-eyed white, except his fur is just a little darker.  He's 6, and
in good health, so far!  Bear on the other hand, is a true sable.  He's
just over a year, and still nips.  Not too hard any more, since the tap
on the nose seems to work.  Mugsy was quite attached to our first ferret,
Stinky, but she died when she was about 6.  He moped around and wouldn't
play much, just slept all the time.  So I decided to get him a buddy, and
got Bear from a local pet store.  Yes, he has 2 blue dots in his right ear.
I don't care where he came from - he's just the best fuzzy!  Next to Mugsy.
Mugsy is now so gentle and getting to be a "little old man" when he hops
around - and doesn't like jumping off the bed too often.  Bear, on the
other hand, takes flying leaps onto and off of everything.  They're best
buddies now.  We (my daughter & I) really enjoy them both.  I just love it
when Bear comes into the kitchen when I'm doing the dishes or working at
the counter and just lays upside down.  He just lays there and stares
and looks so cute!  His favorite sleeping place, of late, is inside my
box spring.  He managed to dig holes in each of the corners of the box
spring and goes in and scratches a bit then lays down and goes to sleep.
I've put tape on each corner, hoping that would keep him out along with
some bitter apple, but nothing works.  I guess it's ok, cause he can't get
crushed.

Justin - regarding your new baby - congratulations!  How about calling her
Flower, after the "wonderful fragrance" about her?

Well, it's been nice chatting!

Regards to all,
Pat