From:
Jen Marin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Aug 1995 00:06:33 -0400
this new Aol thing is driving me nuts (i'm on hold with the cust. service
right now) I lost most of the last 3 issues!  oh well- hopefully they'll
change...or I'm finding a new server!

On Tiki:  Thanks for your advice Dr. Williams.  Tiki is going to Dr Tracey
Bell in Vergennes, VT Tuesday.  Kyrstal Sewell (w/Weehawk) recommended her.
My impression is that she is not the type who is too proud to ask for
advice, as she has been in contact w/ Dr. Dutton in NH for Weehawk's
situation.  So we shall see.

On Fishmart:  I recently learned that a large amount of Ferrets are
distributed in New England through a company called Fishmart.  They get
ferrets from MF, PV as well as smaller breeders.  This situuation sort of
nullifies any of the guarantee cards  that MF & Path are known for.  Tiki is
a Path ferret, & Path did not want to talk to her about Tiki, as he was
distributed through Fishmart.  Apparantly, he could be from MF or anywhere
else, despite the guarantee card.  She was told to go through her local
distributor.  She talked to the pet store who assured her that Fishmart would
take the ferret down to CT & find the real problem-- if it was faulty
neutering or descenting, there would nbe no charge.  Jen was extremely happy
about this (as she is pregnant & low on funds)  & was all prepared to ship
Tiki off yesterday.  It was then that she was informed by the pet store that
Tiki wouldn't be coming home.  Sure, they would look at him, & if there was a
problem that was covered under warantee, he would be _replaced_!!!   Well
needless to say, Tiki is off to another local vet, but the situation left me
in shock, & I felt that the FML should know about this policy.  Apparently,
there is some USDA regulation that would forbid the return of her ferret.  I
guess this is another good reason to get our ferrets from shelters &
upstanding breeders, instead of these corporate facilities.  If you live in
the northern New England Area, & are intending on buying a pet store ferret
in the future, please ask if they are supplied by Fishmart.  If so, take the
above account into consideration.

Until next time...
Elf & the Finn