From:
Modern Ferret <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 Nov 1999 03:19:20 -0500
"Gustafson, Barb" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>Perhaps Modern Ferret could feature such a store in an article as an
>example of how ferrets should be cared for in pet store situations.

I think our local ferret club here on Long Island (called "A Ferret Club")
has created an excellent program called their "Pet Store Patrol" to improve
the situations in pet stores.  We wrote an article about it recently in
Modern Ferret issue #22.

Basically, the club encourages its entire membership to report back to the
club what conditions are seen in various stores that the members shop at.
They then encourage club members to patronize the good stores.  They also
have different members approach the bad stores and make suggestions to the
store owners/managers.  By utilizing the membership of the club, they are
able to keep sending different people to the store to encourage change
until they are successful.

I think the club demonstrates the positive power of teamwork - something
which I think is often lacking amongst ferret folks (even ones who want the
same end result).

I believe their website is located at:
http://come.to/aferretclub

Interested folks should contact them for more information about how they
have implemented their Pet Store Patrol.  I think their work as a group has
been much more successful than individual efforts.

- Eric

Modern Ferret Magazine - For ferret owners. By ferret owners.
Mary & Eric Shefferman & the Fuzzies: Sabrina, Marshmallow, Knuks, Trixie,
Bosco da Gama, Balthazar, Cauliflower, Koosh, and Gabrielle
http://www.modernferret.com