From:
Lise O'Brien <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 29 Apr 2000 06:55:21 -0700
On Monday, April 24, 2000, my beloved Sully was sent to the Rainbow Bridge
to be with his older sister, Meisha, who arrived at the bridge 2-1/2 weeks
earlier.

I had accidently stepped on Sully (I didn't know he was sleeping under a
blanket and not in his cage).  I had taken him to a vet that weekend (who
said he was fine) and to Sully's vet on Tuesday, just to be certain
everything was fine.  Dr. X saw Sully, but Dr. Seigel did the xray's and
ultrasound.  I was told by Dr. X, Sully had some bruised insides and to do
a wait and see.  When I left I thought Sully was going to be fine.  And he
was improving.  Until Sunday morning.

Sunday, Sully was doing poorly, so I rushed him to Animerg (twice, the
second time because I am naturally paranoid when it comes to my ferts).
Dr. Otto was very concerned and gave me explicit instructions as to what
I was to do.

Monday, I called the Vet's office and told the receptionist what had taken
place that weekend.  The receptionist got Dr. Seigel who "reminded" (for
lack of better word and cloudy memory) me he found tumors when he did the
ultrasound the previous Tuesday.  I was shocked.  I told him I wasn't told
about tumors.  I begged, and Dr. Seigel agreed to redo the ultrasound as
well as an exploratory.  We also agreed if Sully was inoperable, then we
would let him go.

Sully had a large tumor "hanging off his pancreas", a tumor on his bladder
(I think this was the tumor cutting off blood supply to his intestines) and
the disease had spread to his lymphnodes.

We let him go.